Book Taba Excursion to St Catherine & Moses Mountain Tour From Taba. Trip to wander the Sinai Monastery of St. Catherine Sightseeing. An Adventure Trip to Sinai Mount & the still Active Orthodox Monastery From Taba.
Facts About St. Catherine:
- Saint Catherine is capital of Saint Catherine city in the South Sinai Governorate.
- St. Catherine city is about 225 Km from Sharm El Sheikh, 75 Km from Nuwibaa city.
- St. Catherine city famous for St. Catherine orthodox monastery and Moses Mountain.
- Saint Catherine dates back to Pharaonic Era although its monastery dates to 527.
- ATMs, banks, post office, hospital & Police stations are available in St. Catherine.
- St. Catherine has hotels, restaurants, military airport and public buses station.
- Saint Catherine's Monastery is situated at the foot of Mount Sinai 2275 Meters.
- It is an orthodox monastery devoted to Christian martyr Catherine of Alexandria.
- The monastery is known officially "Sacred Monastery of the God Trodden Mount Sinai".
- The monastery features the known Burning Bush, Moses Well & Transfiguration church.
- The monastery is also known for its library that has unique codices & manuscripts.
- Mount Sinai "Moses Mountain" is the place where Moses received the 10 Commandments.
- The mountain lies next to Mount Catherine 2630 Meters, the highest peak in Egypt.
- The Moses Mountain of Sinai is an important sacred place in the Abrahamic religions.
- Trippers may visit the monastery separately or combine a visit to the mount too.
We will pick you up for the trip from Taba border or hotel with private vehicle at 22:30 pm and drive to St. Catherine city. Upon arrival, start climbing Moses Mountain at 2:00 am. According to Jewish, Christian and Islamic tradition, the Mount Sinai is the place where Moses received the 10 Commandments. It takes about 3 hours to climb the 7,498-foot peak following the Path of Moses, a stairway of nearly 4,000 steps. There is a longer, less strenuous route up the opposite side, though it is less scenic. Proceed to visit St. Catherine monastery. It was named after St. Catherine who lived in Alexandria during the persecution of Christians. Lunch in Nuweibaa. Finally back to your hotel in Taba.
- Pick up services from Taba & return
- All tour transfers in AC vehicle
- Qulaified personal tour guide
- Bedouin tour guide on Moses mountain
- Admission fees to St. Catherine park
- Lunch in Nuweibaa during the trip
- Mineral water & drink during tour
- All tour taxes & service charges
Terms & Conditions:
- Complete below attached form & we will get back to you in 24 hours.
- We speak most languages, you may choose certain contact languages.
- Save money today with our affordable discount Egypt travel specials.
- We offer privately operated service unless group prices are required.
- Book with us to Save big on Egypt online attractions tickets & Tours.
- We guarantee Fast Easy booking with Lowest prices at the best value.
- Published price is in USD but you may pay in your selected currency.
- Prices are per person excluding personal expenses & special request.
- We update price seasonally to give you best updated quote & service.
- Cheap Last minute, group bookings deals are available with great rates.
- Your Kid below 6 years is free & 50 % for kids between 6 to 12 years.
- Extra charges may apply for kids for air fares if included in packages.
- You need to deposit us with 25 % in order to get your tours confirmed.
- We offer multiple payment methods; online with card & wire transfer.
- Our confirmation email includes printable receipt & our contacts list.
- Pay the rest of trips cost on the day of trip in cash or with credit card.
- Cancellation penalties are applied only in personal type circumstance.
- Good discounts are are given big groups, incentive groups and agents.